During this unprecedented year, Mayer Fabrics has stayed true to our commitment to providing quality products at excellent prices, while taking care of our Mayer friends, family, and valued customers. This holiday season, we are extending our holiday breaks to allow our employees and customers to reset, recharge, and refocus on the things that matter most.
Our office will be CLOSED:
- November 26th – November 27th
- December 24th – January 3rd
Mayer Fabrics will reopen for business Monday, January 4th, 2021. For all sample orders and fabric inquiries, please email Customer Service at email@example.com, create a Mayer account, or contact your local sales representative.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!
The Power of Pink: Chair & Fabric Contest presented by Mayer Fabrics, Integra Seating, and Versteel
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, during the month of October, Mayer Fabrics is partnering with Integra Seating, and Versteel for “The Power of Pink: Chair & Fabric Contest!” You will have the opportunity to be Entered to WIN an Integra Seating & Versteel upholstered chair with a Mayer fabric!
October 1st – 15th Enter to Win an Integra Seating Chair
How to enter:
- “Like” the Instagram post
- Follow @mayerfabrics, @integraseating, and @commonthreadforthecure
- Tag 3 friends in the comment section and #mayerintegragopink and automatically be entered to WIN!
- “Share” the post for an additional entry!
October 16th– 30th Enter to Win Versteel Chairs
How to enter:
- “Like” the Instagram post
- Follow @mayerfabrics, @versteel, and @commonthreadforthecure
- Tag 3 friends in the comment section and #mayerversteelgopink and automatically be entered to WIN!
- “Share” the post for an additional entry!
Chairs will be upholstered with a Mayer Fabric of your choice!*
RULES & RESTRICTIONS
Integra Seating Chair Contest / October 1st- 15th
- Winner will select from the Summit Chair or Kallise 38 Chair
- Winner will select from wood or metal legs only.
- *Please see the shipping/freight expectations below.
Versteel Chair Contest / October 16th-30th
- Winner will select a set of 2 or 4 Quanta Max Chairs
- Winner will select between a Sled Base or 4 Metal Legs with a Poly Shell and upholstered seat.
- Contest excludes wood seats or wood legs.
- Standard Versteel powder-coated metal finishes only. Colors include: White Linen, Snow, Pearl, Coconut, Mica, Stone, Champagne, Fossil, Whimper, Nimbus, Silver, Pebble, Alloy, Anthracite, Storm, Carbon, Graphite, Bronze, Black Anodized, Ebony, Gold (T), Copper (T), Granet (T), Pacific (T), Obsidian (T), Raven (T), Hope (P), Seaside, Shipyard, Navy, Forest, Terra Cotta, Nutmeg, Poppy, Mint, Calypso, Amethyst, Daffodil, Kelly Green, Royal, Crimson, Platinum (P)
- Visit Versteel.com for complete product specifications and color swatches (“QuickShip Materials” / “Metal Finishes”)
- Poly Shell selected from these colors only: Snow, Canary, Salsa, Cobalt, Lime, Papaya, Oyster, Quarry, Near Black
- Visit Versteel.com for complete product specifications and color swatches (“QuickShip Materials” / “Poly Shell”)
- Complete Quanta Max specifications can be found at Versteel.com.
*All fabric selections exclude Leather or Mohair.
Complete official rules can be found here.
** Shipping / Freight: Winner(s) ship to address must be deliverable to by Common Carrier. The winner must be present to receive and unload the chair.
- Freight can complicate logistics. If a common carrier cannot deliver to a residential location, the winner(s) will need to provide an address to a dealer warehouse or installation company that can receive the furniture for the winner(s) to pick up.
- The shipping of the furniture is included in the contest prize.
- Winners will be selected at random and announced via Instagram by 5:30PM Friday, October 16th and 30th
- Official contest dates are October 1st – 3oth, 2020.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayer Fabrics is pleased to announce that our textile selections are available on My Resource Library – an online, digital library featuring industry resources for the contract furniture market.
My Resource Library offers a variety of services available in a portable, virtual format. After creating a login, users can:
Browse Mayer Products. The library features Mayer Fabrics’ broad selections of upholstery fabrics, panel fabrics, privacy curtains, coated fabrics, Sunbrella Contract, and Woven Crypton.
Find Inspiration. With hundreds of our patterns, textures, and colors available, finding the perfect fit for your next project is seamless.
Customize Your Library. Organize all of your work in My Resource Library’s customized project binders and take them with you wherever you go.
Create your login and gain access today!
For over 122+ years Mayer Fabrics has been guided by our purpose of looking out for people, especially family, which includes our staff and customers. Therefore, it should be no surprise our priority and concern remain the safety and well-being of our staff, customers, colleagues, and their families.
As we monitor ongoing developments and safety information related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are following guidelines from public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Mayer Fabrics has our operational preparedness plan to ensure business continuity.
We have received inquiries regarding products arriving from overseas. The following is from the CDC:
“In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped a period days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently, there is no evidence to support the transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of 2019-nCoV in the United States associated with imported goods.”
As of today, March 16, 2020, Mayer Fabrics has not been negatively impacted and continues to assist customers in meeting their textile needs with same-day shipping. Our hours of operation remain 8:30 AM- 6 PM Monday through Thursday and 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM on Fridays (EST). If needed, you can still access your account, inventory availability, request memos samples and place orders 24/7 using our website www.mayerfabrics.com.
We will continue to closely monitor and evaluate the need for additional measures to support our customers, colleagues, and communities. For additional information about COVID-19, get the latest report from the CDC at www.cdc.gov or your local health department website. Thank you for your support and loyalty.
We all know that time is a precious commodity, especially in the design and furniture industries. Tight project deadlines and unwarranted interruptions can make for even less time to complete all the tasks on your list. We hope to get you back some of that time!
We are pleased to announce Next Day Air Delivery! When requested, sample requests placed by 7 pm EST will ship the same day for next day delivery. If you do not need your samples by the next day, then your samples will ship as noted on the order.
Simply put, request it Next Day – get it Next Day!
This holiday season we made a contribution on behalf of our customers to The Common Thread for The Cure Foundation. Our donation will help fund four Helping Hand Grants to families in need.
The Common Thread for The Cure is the united effort to support individuals in our industry who are fighting breast cancer by offering helpful financial assistance. The Helping Hands Grants provide support for those in the design and furnishings industries who have breast cancer. By working together as an industry, The Common Thread For The Cure Foundation can enable those confronting breast cancer to maintain as normal a life as possible.
The design and furnishings industries are comprised of numerous components: textiles, architecture, interior design, furniture design, lighting, wallcoverings, flooring, and accessories, each vital, and all made stronger by the others. The same principle holds true in fighting breast cancer.
Coming together as an industry to support those fighting breast cancer is profoundly strengthening.
To learn more about The Common Thread for the Cure and to join the fight against breast cancer, please visit the commonthreadforthecure.org
As a continued effort to support the fight against breast cancer, a percentage of sales from Mayer Fabrics’ Stitch and Positive Thoughts Collections are donated to the Common Thread for the Cure.
The Dreamweaver Textile Design Competition was an opportunity for local A&D designers to compete in having their original textile design fabricated. The three finalists will have their designs woven, and the winner of the competition receives a Haworth Harbor Work lounge chair and ottoman upholstered in their own fabric.
Each designer was required to create a charette board for the judging process to include the following: design inspiration, process and information.
This past week, Commercial Office Environments along with Mayer Fabrics and Haworth hosted an event to reveal the top three designs and the winner. The three finalists were Joleen Gottwald, Sarah Savage and Marisa Gegg.
Marisa states, “My design is a playful graphic map of the city. The colored blocks represent specific locations special to me. This map has a playful juxtaposition with abstract geometric shapes and color blocking, which inspires a fun pattern.”
Mayer Fabrics’ Quantum Collection was the recipient of the Nightingale Innovation Award in the Textiles and Fabrics Category at the Healthcare Design Expo and Conference in New Orleans, LA, this week.
Inspired by science and technology, the Quantum Collection features high-performance fabrics comprised of beautiful polyurethanes and new innovative technology. The technology, trademarked as “Tekloom,” is ten years in the making and uses TPE (Thermo Plastic Elastomer) to create a “fused” or “hybrid” textile for commercial upholstery. The result is an aesthetically beautiful textural quality with the extreme-performance attributes of a coated material.
The Quantum Collection consists of natural linen looks, quilted embosses and metallic geometrics with colors ranging from intense tones to soft neutrals. All Quantum fabrics are Graffiti-free, DMF, phthalate, and FR/antimicrobial additive-free. These innovative textile offerings are perfect for healthcare and demanding commercial environments where high-performance textiles are a necessity.
The Quantum Collection will officially release in the second quarter of 2020.
ABOUT THE NIGHTINGALE AWARDS
The annual awards program, named after Florence Nightingale, recognizes contributions to the healthcare built environment through product design and innovation that contributes to healing. Products submitted for consideration are judged on criteria such as clinical or operational outcomes, HAI prevention, functionality, staff effectiveness, efficiency, and communication, sustainability, quality and durability, aesthetics and style, and pricing.
Early Drop Off Date:
Tuesday, July 2 | 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Regular Drop Off Dates:
Monday, July 8 | 4-7 p.m.
Tuesday, July 9 | 4-7 p.m.
Friday, July 12 | 4-7 p.m.
Teachers, Artists & Crafters Pick Up:
Saturday, July 13 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mayer Fabrics (Downtown Location)
321 South Alabama Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Volunteer Opportunities. If you want to volunteer to help sort and unload, and we need our community to help with this, the volunteer dates and descriptions are here.
Sponsor A Meal. If you are a rep or industry friend and would like to sponsor a meal for our volunteers, the sign-up sheet is here.
About ZeroLandfill Indy. ZeroLandfill Indy collects expired and unwanted samples, sorts them, and gives them away for free to teachers and artists, where they can be repurposed. Check out and follow ZeroLandfill Indy on Facebook to see what they do.
Starting next week, for the month of February and in honor of Valentine’s Day, Mayer Fabrics is giving away a bottle of wine, one pair of pillows and a movie to 4 winners.
To Enter for a Chance to Win:
- Follow us on Instagram or “Like” our Facebook Page.
- Look for #MayerLoveDayGiveaway post throughout the week by checking for a second image in our post.
- Like the post and tag a friend.
- BONUS ENTRY if you repost and use the hashtag #MayerLoveDayGiveaway.