Terms & Conditions
Mayer Fabrics reserves the right to set the terms on all accounts. Regular Terms are NET 30 days (date of invoice). We assess a late payment charge of 1 1/2% per month, 18% per annum, on past due accounts. To open an account we need the names and addresses of five trade references, your company bank name and account number, and state resale number. If credit is approved the applicant agrees to the following:
- To pay invoices of the creditor according to the terms thereof, including all applicable interest and service charges as outlined above
- To pay all cost and reasonable attorneys’ fees if any collection action is brought against this account
- That the creditor may obtain information regarding the applicant’s credit history from applicant’s credit references listed or credit reporting agencies or other sources.
If an open account has not been established, we require payment of any orders on a Proforma or C.O.D. basis, or VISA/MASTERCARD.
Any checks returned by your bank because of insufficient funds or account closed, will be assessed a $30.00 charge. This account will automatically be changed to a cash only basis until cleared.
Red product identification labels are attached to each cut and roll of fabric shipped from our warehouse denoting the product number, pattern name and color and yardage amount. It is our policy to allow no credit if the terms of the Warning on this label are not adhered to.
- Purchasers and work rooms should carefully examine material before cutting to verify correct color and pattern. Mayer Fabrics will attempt to ensure a quality color match meeting industry standards. If an exact color match is required, a cutting of the required color should be submitted with the order. Mayer Fabrics cannot be held responsible for color variations beyond a reasonable commercial match.
- It is the responsibility of Purchasers who use work rooms to supply the work room with a memo sample to be used as a pattern and color reference for matching before fabric is cut and upholstered.
- On full piece orders every effort will be made to ship as close as possible to the required yardage. However, at times, due to piece size, there may be up to 5% overage. This is an industry standard.
- We are not responsible for changes in fabric color which are due to flame proofing or other chemical processes requested by the customer.
- We will not honor claims for labor on materials that were not inspected for pattern, color, and defects. If the material has been cut, no claims will be allowed.
- Purchase Order must state “FR Free,” “Flame Retardant Free,” or another term or terms indicating desired, applicable product is free of added flame retardants on said materials. If PO does not state these terms, or verbiage related to this notion, customer may receive product containing flame retardants.
Returns and Cancellations
- No returns will be accepted without written authorization. All claims must be made within 30 days of receipt of goods. Credit will not be issued unless the fabric received on our premises within 15 days from the date of written return authorization. If a return is not received within 15 days, authorization is automatically revoked. Anything returned must be in saleable condition, uncut, and unprocessed. No returns will be accepted if the fabric is not rolled on a tube as originally shipped. Fabric must be appropriately packaged and protected. If the product arrived boxed, such as velvets or leather goods, it must be returned boxed. Mayer Fabrics or their shipper are not responsible for insufficient packaging.
- We cannot accept cancellations or returns of orders for fabrics that have been treated with any special finishes, such as flame proofing, acrylic backing, vinyl or stain repellent. No returns on special order fabric not regularly carried in stock.
- All returns must have our return authorization number on the shipping label.
- Credit will be allowed on authorized returns as follows:
- Cuts of less than 10 yards- NO RETURNS ACCEPTED
- Cuts of 10 or more yards- 40% Restocking Fee + Freight Both Ways
- Full Rolls and Full Hides- 30% Restocking Fee + Freight Both Ways
- All Supplies- 20% Restocking Fee + Freight Both Ways
- If your order has been cut, packaged, and either ready for shipment or has left the premises, cancellation or refusal of a shipment will result in a restocking fee.
- Mayer Fabrics may have to return product to the manufacturer. In these cases, the customer would be responsible for any additional fees passed from the supplier.